Saturday, 22 September 2012
- Joanne Shaw More on 'skipping stones' -http://consettmagazine.com/consett-news/2012/09/21/huge-meteor-fireball-lights-up-sky-over-north-east-england-33324/
- Joanne Shaw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gj-IPaNx0Y&feature=share
- XEquals RDspared This was on the Telly the other night BBC Horizon.. .......http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00vv0w8/Horizon_20102011_Asteroids_The_Good_the_Bad_and_the_Ugly/.......on BBC Horizon.......connected with Horus the Egyptian God of the sky......
- Elaine McGuckin An excerpt from the BBC article Joanne posted above.
'Colin Johnston, from Armagh Planetarium in Northern Ireland, says it is unlikely to be part of one of the meteor showers expected this month.
"I think it's something just by chance has happened to come in tonight, some piece of actual space junk floating around the universe for billions of years has just picked tonight to fall in across our skies or some satellite that's been up for some years has decided to burn up."
....if it were up to chance and not Ana's timing things like this could easily freak everyone out.....COLIN also thinks a satellite can decide to burn up in the atmosphere all by itself.....lol
I had recently said to Ross how September because of the Sept being seven in Latin and the 22nd of that month could also represent a whacky kind of 22/7 ....a Pi in the sky day....
- Elaine McGuckin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olx0fnttKew&feature=plcp
- Elaine McGuckin one of the comments below the video
'seen it from balloch looking south over Alexandria, 7-9 objects were travelling east to west, speed app 300mph height app 3000 ft. held perfect formation, did not fade or burn out, travelling in a straight trajectory towards Faslane Naval Base, I have seen many types of meteors etc, dont think so! definately not chinese lanterns. these were controlled craft... controlled by whom, that is the question!'
- Elaine McGuckin Went back to look at the still photograph on the Consett article Joanne posted earlier...it doesn't look like the same thing the guy from Glasgow filmed...
Also noticed this comment on the thread below the same article....
PAUL G says:
SEPTEMBER 22, 2012 AT 2:06 AM
Seen in Hawick, Scottish Borders just before 11pm. Was watching James Bond and caught my eye out of the window. Flying east to west at a low angle, bright white meteor breaking up, lasted for about 8seconds, quite amazing!
- Joanne Shaw Here are a series of stills from various locations. If you go to, 1:51 in the video, there appears to be something unusual accompanying the falling stones.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcsGorchq18&feature=player_embedded
- Ross Kelly This one clearly states that the fireball broke up into a trail of between 7 and 12 meteorites ... I wonder if the actual number was 9?